Thursday 11 October 2012

VIEW - type development

Here's some of the development I've documented for the type face. I've tried a few ideas but most weren't working from the outset. Eventually I found something fun and inspiring that I could experiment with and develop.



I like to keep my development all in one file so I can reference past designs easily and try merging ideas and developing them. I find that if each idea has a separate document then I forget certain attributes of ideas that could help the development.


I've been using grids a lot more to make my designs more accurate and keep them consistent. I never used to use grids much but they are very helpful once set up properly. Speaking to the Max and Joe they showed me some useful ways to use the grids.



This is the typeface I began to develop the most. I really like the aesthetic of it and I've begun to develop a concept for the design choices as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment