Sunday 28 October 2012

PCL - logo development

In response to the first concept crit I've gone back to the logo and addressed a few issues with the design. We didn't want to change too much as we think it works really well as a symbol and people outside of the peer group think it looks great which is a very important part of design prints for clothes as the people need to like the look in order to want to pay for it.

Firstly I addressed the hierarchy in the type and the name way the name is read within the logo. I made the Obediah bigger and tried making it bold so that it stands out more than the rest of the name. Some people read it obediah the trend original, others read it as the obediah trend original and a few others read it as obediah trend original the. It's clear that as this will be our logo, I need to get this communication nailed.




Next I played with the lines that make the cross as people thought they were over done, which can't be denied. However, they are effective and create a really great aesthetic that people are drawn to.


I curved the text to the same curve as the circle to solve the previous problem of the THE and TREND differing in spacing so much either side of the cross symbol.


Lastly I tried the variations without the circle to see it allowed the Hierarchy to be more obvious.


No comments:

Post a Comment