Friday 26 October 2012

VIEW - print finishes/foiling

I've been looking into print finishes to give the range a really defined and impactive aesthetic. One which really feels appropriate and is quite interesting is foil blocking using holographic foils. I've done some tests of the type I've designed so far for the crits ahead to show that I'm considering more than just the design at this point.

Photographing the foil is not easy.




I would use the heat press but the laminator was much quicker for me to experiment with. However, some of the foil didn't transfer properly on the type with more ink. Its strange because the first experiments worked nearly perfectly.




The results can be really wonderful if it's done properly and the spectral tint the foil gives off is much like that of the holograms VHL produce.



These are the first tests I did and stick into my sketchbook.



No comments:

Post a Comment