Sunday 21 October 2012

PROGRESS TUTORIAL - individual tutorial with Amber


The tutorial was the first one on one tutorial time I had and this time it was with Amber.  The feedback I got was good and constructive like in the group tutorials and it was very critical. It felt like for the most part, I was being asked questions that I couldn't fully answer and at this point I should be able to answer all of them.


These are the notes I took during the tutorial.

PCL

Don't let it distract me from the other briefs
Contact dots about printing


MONK

Constraint for deadline
break it down into two parts
- Brand & identity
    - corporate collateral
- package, branding and space

Get on with it


BIKOLOGY

go visit them
get permission to photograph the shop and bike parts
branding a publication


VIEW

Why are you doing it?
Who is your audience?
Get pitch together - make it a live brief
Define our purpose
Is the deliverable appropriate?


Basically what I got from this tutorial is that I need to really focus on balancing how much I'm working on each brief. I think I'll start with getting lots of contextual references and research done for each then move on to designing because each brief could be solved in the space of 2 weeks which is what I aim to do. Then from their I can push them further.

No comments:

Post a Comment