Thursday 4 October 2012

VIEW - ideas

From the research and the conversations  I've being having with my dad, I've begun to pick out different aspects of the process of creating a hologram and the industry that the holograms are to inform the decisions of my design practice for this brief.

A few key/interesting bits that could be part of the aesthetic to my design:

- Holographic - holographic foil block finish - available from the screen print facilities
- RGB - red, green and blue lasers - come together to make the full colour spectrum (idea for colour scheme
- 2D format
- 3D image
- single parallax
- double parallax parallax

Things for content:

- what is a hologram?
- what does holography mean/where did the term come from?
- what kind of holograms do View make?
- the basic simplified process of creating the holograms both digital and analogue (simplified by explaining in the easiest form possible)
- parallax



The fact that holograms are a 2D format but a 2D image is really amazing and it's what gives it that wow factor. The illusion of depth alongside the image quality is the key to impressing the clients and potential investors. This is what I want to reflect in my response to make the design relevant.

I don't really want to change the branding of View but I do want to brand the publication and have a consistent aesthetic across the range that includes the view logo. I don't have access the the logo which I'm going to look into and see if I can get permission to use it but if not then I'll have to recreate it myself.

I really want to produce a formal publication that would be short run and of high quality so when View give them to clients them feel like they have put a lot of effort into the presentation so the effort they put into the holograms will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment