Wednesday 24 October 2012

BIKOLOGY - Looking at typefaces

I've gone with a gut instinct for the type face for the publications logo. I like the serif style that the Bikology shop already uses but I don't like the rough and untidy look to it. I want to create a crisp and structured look to the work to represent the solid construction of bikes.

I've looked a lot of serif fonts and begun to narrow them down to one which I think is most effective.




Italicised and slanted fonts don't have as great and impact so I'm going to stick with a firm standing standard font. These are four fonts that I prefer so far.


I've experimented with several in different looks and tried combining some together to experiment with the possibility of fusing two together.


Narrowed down to two fonts.


I like both fonts and I think either would work well but I'm going to settle of Courier because it's bold and it has a more prominent serif that looks similar to the shops logo. The font also looks like a typewriter font that could be used for a journal and I want the publication to feel like a journal. Without being a too cheesy, a bicycle diary.




No comments:

Post a Comment