Saturday 6 October 2012

VIEW - research questions

A few things I need to address in order to get the right content and approach to the design work.


Questions:

- what is holography?
- where did it come from?
- what is a hologram?
- what kind of holograms do VHL make?
- how does a hologram work?
- what is parallax?
- what is digital and analogue holography?
- whats the difference between the two?
- what can a hologram be used for?
- what can you make a hologram of?
- what can VHL make a hologram of?
- what are digital and analogue holograms best used for?
- whats the difference between single and double parallax?
- what is a hogel?
- how long does it take to create a hologram?
- how is a hologram made?
- what is the process?
- what do you need to make a hologram work?

These are all questions that relate to holography as well as VHL. By answering these questions I aim to gain a greater knowledge of the process and the uses of holography to better inform my design approach. Some of it I already know but It'll need to be documented and condensed to a standard that a bigger audience can understand. So far all the things I learnt have been taught to me and discussed with my dad on a one to one situation, but this wont be possible with every client VHL has. They may be somewhere else in the world or on the other side of the country or may not have the time to learn these things through discussion. My work will hopefully solve this problem.


On top of these questions to do with the process I also need to investigate into what VHL want to say, what they already do to tackle this problem and how I can improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment