Wednesday 16 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - Response To Final Crit.

I got a lot of disruptive feedback from the crit this week which has pointed out a lot of things which I need to readdress and consider. Personally I felt that I wasn't considering print enough  and as the module is based around print it's the key factor to doing well. I've spent too much time doing the design work and getting ideas together for things that I could do and not enough time considering the printing methods and finishes for them.


On top of this I have bitten off more than I can chew with the range so I have decided to not go forward with the publication but propose it on my boards for the hand in along with the content that I would have included. This is secondary to getting my packaging and promotional materials printed and finished.


Most of the designs are complete and just need proofing and then printing finals. Whats more is that I need to go back and consider what types of print finishing options I have for my designs and see if I can incorporate any of them at this stage. If they don't work or suit the designs then I'd take that as a positive as I would have at least tried out those processes and finishes and learnt how to use them.


Finally the biggest issue with my project is that it has digressed away from my original proposed good which was the ukulele and it is now more about Chap Hop. My crit group said I could incorporate the ukulele more into the design work to relate it back to my good or I could redefine my good as being Chap Hop.


My response has been very personal so far and needs to be directed a little more towards a commercial response as I'm dealing mainly with commercial print.

No comments:

Post a Comment