Monday 14 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - Photo Shoot.

As part of my range I'm planning on designing a DPS and cover for a magazine which features the band and their 'new album' the publication will be mostly image based and contain interviews with the band, band profiles, a review of the album, information on their genre of music and their instruments.
Other considerations are that the publication could contain adverts for he band merchandise and poster art advertising their gigs and tour dates.

The photo shoot took place in two locations using 4 different environments. The first location was my own house, I used my living room as the furniture, the carpet, the lights etc are all very victorian so it looks like a place where the chaps would live.












 The next part of the shoot took place in my cellar which is quite dark and looks like a derelict building from the inside. The reason I used this space is because the walls are covered in graffiti and by place the chaps in this environment it emphasises the contrast of their aesthetic and manor with the genre of their music, adding to the image and also the bizarre humour.










Afterwards I took the chaps outside to the garden to get them in them looking like their in the grounds of a manor house. There was little time to do this as we were racing against the sunlight but I got a few good photos.







 The last part was in the second location down the road from my house at the shop called Antique Boutique. They kindly let me photograph them without having asked prior to the shoot. The shop was difficult to shoot in as there were a lot of random lights placed everywhere and mirrors and other object lying around or getting in the way.
I took them to this location because it seemed like a good place to get them to walk around and look natural as if they were gentlemen out browsing the shop normally. It also provided a lot of opportunities for them to interact with props other than the ukuleles I provided for them.










Overall I'm pleased with the result of the shoot and I've got lots to work with from it. Now I need to edit the photos and start to apply them to my designs and design the layout for the publication that I've proposed.







No comments:

Post a Comment