Sunday 20 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - Presentation Boards Development.

As I'm now proposing my publication and not actually printing it I needed to change my boards and consider what would be best to explain my project instead.

At the moment I have boards for range, packaging, promotion, publication and proposals. Looking at other peoples blogs they have considered things like concept, context, focus, development etc. I now have room to include a board that will better communicate my project.



Original Boards - range, packaging, promotion, publication, proposals

New Boards - range, packaging, promotion, context, proposals 

RANGE

This will be a collection of photographs of my final printed range of products, compiled and presented neatly on the board just to show the project as a collective response.

PACKAGING

This board will focus on my work with packaging looking closer at the nets used, the designs that I used specifically for the nets, the proportions and considerations of the packaging in terms of scale, appropriateness of stock and the relation between the packaging and the content.

PROMOTION

This will present any products and materials that I've produced or worked with the create the promotional media for this project. It will cover things like posters, flyers, t-shirts and give aways as well as the development of the layouts and designs.
On top of this It will have another focus of print finishes and processes, mainly foil blocking, digital print and screen print.

CONTEXT

A visual board that shows were the work I've produced will feature and function. Key points will be the method of delivery, the places the band will feature and any other visuals to represent the range in action.

PROPOSALS

Again this will be a visual board of further considerations and developments of the project. Subjects will include to Publication that I proposed to create early on but had to cut short, a printed canvas tent for a pop up promotional gig in Leeds city centre, and further development of design work.


The boards don't have to be beautifully printed however I've researched into it and its actually cheaper to get them printed in the digital print facility than in the mac suite, so I'm aiming to have everything compiled on to a file to print for the hand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment