Thursday 10 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - FLEA-shirt designs.

Using a digital T-shirt template that i got from google and vectored over to modify it, I applied just the images of the three faces as band T-shirts or 'FLEA-shirts'.

When it comes to printing them I will only print a few as a set isn't necessary and it will be expensive but I will display multiple designs and variations to show the range of shirts that would be sold at the bands gigs or online or at festivals.




Added some colours. I really like the idea of using the three process colours Cyan, Magenta and Yellow because it makes the designs look funky and connotes the hip hop genre which the band follow. Also this emphasises the clash of the Chap style and the music genre.

However the three colours on the top right have a really nice subtlety to them. I think I will print a select few designs for the the hand in but propose a wider range of designs that would be produced on different coloured shirts. To narrow it down i'm going to work to a rule of three as there are three face illustrations and three band members, it create a nice consistency.

I'm not a fan of the plain black and white design on the bottom right nor the white shirt next to it, I think that the colour of the fabric in most cases compliments the printed content. From the crit it was made clear that the preferred designs were the faces standing singularly instead of together. This makes it a lot easier to decide which designs to select.


No comments:

Post a Comment