Monday 14 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - Photo Editing.


I spoke to Lorraine and showed her the photos from the shoot and there was a lot of difference in lighting and tones in the photos, I didn't want to spend too much time editing the photos but Lorraine talked me through a bit of colour theory behind editing and what you need to look for and how you can adjust different aspects of the image.

So I selected the photos I wanted to use and narrowed it down to about 40 from 400, this is still too many and I wont be using all of them but it gives me a wider range to choose from.

Using the techniques Lorraine Showed me I've edited the images. The adjustment layers I found most useful were Brightness and Contrast, Hue and Saturation and Colour Balance. I've also used Photo Filters on some of the images but not all of them.


Brightness/Contrast                     Hue/Saturation                        Colour Balance


The photos taken outside need the colours adjusting slightly as they were a little cold, so I've added the warmer colours Red, Magenta and Yellow. In reverse to this the darker photos and the photos from inside the house and the antique shop are a lot warmer than the ones from outside so I've brought then down a bit by adding to cooler tones of Cyan, Green and Blue.






































No comments:

Post a Comment