Friday 11 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - Flea Logo

The Illustrated face designs are a great fun visual for the band but they work best as extra designs for things like T-shirt prints, album artwork, tea cup prints, stickers, badges etc. I have decided to make a more rounded logo to accompany the illustrations that will be printed across my entire range.

I've kept a consistency in aesthetic for the logo so that it wont clash with any of the illustrations. This was my first design which I vectored from the original drawing.


The typeface was crafted digitally using the line tool and shape tool which was a big mistake as it meant I couldn't manipulate the type as much as actual typeface. Furthermore, the letters are quite cramped together which makes readability an issue.

From here it was clear that I needed to find a suitable typeface to make it more readable and look more stable as a logo.

This is a more developed design with the colour on the ukulele finished and placed behind a layer of the monocle to give it a softer colour. The type face I used definitely gives a stronger impact and is far more readable than the custom one I was working with previously.




Just to be thorough, I duplicated the logo and applied the old typeface along with the two new typefaces that I have chosen so I can get a better comparison of which typeface works best.




From the crit I was advised to look into how the design would look with just black and whit and also grey, just to get an insight into whether using such amounts of colour is a reductive method of designing.


No comments:

Post a Comment