Saturday 19 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - CD designs aka 'FleaD'

To make things quicker for myself with the designs I selected some suitable ones from the books of nets and ideas that are available in the studio.
This one I chose for the CD because when its folded it creates 2 pockets which gave me the idea for using one for the disk and the other for a booklet of poster. I'm going to fold up a poster for the hand in because of the time that I have to produce everything and propose the booklet as a development of the product.




Looking back at the concept development tasks when we applied designs to a set of nets for packaging I noticed that people were using the inside of theres as well as the outside. So with this in mind I created a pattern for the inside of the pockets that the CD and poster to go in.


I chose a pipe to as in previous works from other students I've seen both moustaches and glasses and I wanted to avoid any repetitions of others work. Other considerations for patterns were bow ties, hats, monocles, ukuleles, fleas, tea cups and T-shirts. The idea is that they could vary for each package and be relevant to the content. For now I've stuck with using the pipes for all the packaging due to how much I cant get done in the time given.


Because there was a lot of blank space inside the CD package it created a lot of room for designs and imagery to be used. Initially I wanted to use the photos from the shoot of the fake band but this would have been too long winded to create and difficult to edit. I want to readdress this after the project however and keep creating designs for the band and make it more authentic. Also it would just be a bit of fun.

For these blank spaces I dissected one of the fleas logos and separated them by the different items to create interesting visual collections on each page.




No comments:

Post a Comment