Wednesday 16 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - Presentation Boards.

After the Crit Lorenzo gave us a briefing on the presentation boards that we need to produce to show our work for the module hand in. These are some notes I took.

Specifications

- 5 boards
- A2
- Lanscape/portrait optional


Make it easy for yourself - break it down - collective board, concept board, proposal board etc


story/ development/ idea

Explain what your project is about - you decide what goes on them

Use drawings, computer generated art, photographs

minimal annotation - print processes - size - format - print finishes

What the best way to display something? e.g. T-shirt - do you have a vector of a shirt or a picture of someone wearing it and the design beside it as well?


Product - Content - Context


First board should explain the rest should elaborate.

Not a presentation its a hand in so it needs to speak for you.

Make them feel like they belong as a set - titles - boards - stock - layout - info - header and footers  - visual consistency.





Afterwards I went a designed my boards aiming firstly to make them all the same visually. The aesthetic is defined by my project so they look like they belong together.

I've used the same decorative boarder that i've used throughout my packaging designs and stuck to just using a footer that has my name, the module code, the brief title and what my 'good' is on each board. In addition to this each board has a different title which go as follows: -

- Range - this will be imagery of my final printed range with some annotations to the printing methods and considerations used to make them
- Packaging - purely about the package designs for the merchandise, the promotional goodies and the CD case
- Promotion - Designs and development of the posters, flyers, T-shirts and the give aways
- Publication - evidence of layout development and selection for a cover and either 1 or 2 DPS's
- Proposals - this will consist of any other ideas or possible developments of the work I've produced to show what could be done, what I've considered and where I would go with the project after this point


I don't have much content to put on the boards at the moment so I've put in place some boxes to represent where I would or could position my imagery. I would like to have mainly photographs of my final printed works and development, with some computer generated works to go alongside these. I think that including some of my older ideas and considerations where possible would be good also, to show my selection in designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment