Sunday 18 November 2012

VIEW - discussing the pitch

I took a trip home to refuel and and get a change of scenery, but more importantly to go over the pitch boards I'd sent to my dad about the brief so far and get some feed back from him.

We sat down and I took him through each board and expanded where necessary and took note of his comments and ideas. He seemed impressed by the amount I had to show and the ideas that I have which is a positive however I have developed the design work further since emailing the pitch boards.

These are the notes I took from our conversation:

- revolutionary? - would stay away from that word
- barbican London, look it up
- colour display holography
- confusion between other types of 3D imaging
- VHL has no real brand/no branded products
- display imaging holography
- whats the difference between holograms and other imaging processes - photos etc
- be specific about the sizes VHL can create holograms
- VHLs intentions - to be a jobbing holographic print shop
- bespoke short run art/exhibition work
- mass production holography - master and copy holograms
- holograms need a coherent light source (idea for light being use to reveal the type
- focus on the application more than the technology
- materials for publication - stock/ bind/ cover/ finish


I found the discussion we had really useful for the project and I can know move forward a create the publication and print some work out. I'm really enjoying this project now which was a worry as it's such a technical and complex subject but the way it's heading is quite exciting.

I was instructed to divide the publication into two main parts, firstly the technology/process and history and secondly the application, capabilities and aims of the company. This way clients will be able to focus on the either the company and what they provide or the way holograms work. This is a key element as it will make the publication more concise.

My dad approved all the deliverables and can't wait to see whats to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment