Tuesday 20 November 2012

PCL - Social networks

I set up the social network accounts while ago but I was having a lot of debate with myself about how to go about it. At first I thought I'd buy a domain name and an email that both Marty and I could use but for an unknown reason I was unable to purchase them. Instead I've created the Facebook page as an addition to my own personal Facebook page. It's proved to be much more useful as I can access the page quickly and switch between my own account and the company one. Furthermore, I can invite my friends from my personal account with ease.

I've already begun adding people and we've got a few likes. Hopefully we can keep the buzz going in the run up to Christmas and we'll get some sales when Students loans come in.


People showing there support and appreciation of the page.





The Twitter account was simple to set up as I just created an email for it from an existing domain provider. I chose outlook as it fairly new and it doesn't distract too much from the company name in the email.


Once the Facebook page has enough likes I'll post a link to the Twitter account where we can give discount codes and competition updates etc to the followers and get them tweeting about us. We're aiming to push this really far and get a big following. It'll take time but with regular updates It wont be long before we have plenty of people taking about the clothes and the company.


The design at the moment is very bland so I'm going to readdress how I can utilise the blank space behind the feed better.


No comments:

Post a Comment