Thursday 8 November 2012

CONCEPT CRIT 2

I felt like I had developed a lot more design work for this crit so I was hoping to get some more formative feedback. I didn't however manage to provide up to date briefs or show the responses to the last crit which I think really could have helped and changed the feedback I got.

These are the new crit boards, I've kept the same format for consistency but I've changed the content.



The first part was interesting because it gave us all time to look around and see everyones work and what they are up to and leave brief informal comments on their work. I left 5 questions with my work which I wrote quite last minute but they were all concerns that I have about my work so far.

Questions:

1. For the BIKOLOGY brief, do you think the logo is appropriate/ good or would it be improved by keeping it typographic?

2. For the OBEDIAH brief (t-shirts) could you please pick your most preferred designs? (mark with a tick)

3. For the VIEW brief, does the 'holography' logo look like it's too much? If yes, should I stick to just the letter 'H' logo?

4. Do you think the iconography goes well with the MONK logo?

5. Please see the OBEDIAH logo board and follow instructions. (board below)


Marty and I put together a board for the logo development of our collaborative brief so we could get some opinions on it and the development from the previous concept crit.





I felt like this crit was a massive hit and that my designs aren't up to scratch. The concepts aren't there or are too weak and not obvious enough. There's also a lot of my work that people think could be more innovative.

Marty and I are going to readdress the logo for our collaborative brief. We're not goin gto scrap the current one but make it into a shirt design instead because people seem like it as on a shirt, it draws them in and looks cool but it doesn't function well as a logo and it's holding us back from completing the rest of the brief.

With the monk brief I really need to just get on with it and keep a better conversation going with Mannie to make sure I designing something he wants and thats appropriate.

The holography brief needs to be pushed forward and the type needs more development, the concept/ reason for the design is sound but the actually aesthetic needs to be more appropriate to the company branding and more original.

The bikology brief to again be pushed forward and the logo is too typical and obvious, I needs to be more innovative so more ideas and experiment needs to be done before deciding on a final logo.


I really want to be pushing the briefs forward right now and be collecting the content together for the publications and experimenting with print processes.

My first plan of action is to get the briefs updated and write up the concepts I've been working with so people criting my work can better understand what I've been doing and thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment