Friday 9 November 2012

PCL - redesigning and developing the new logo

As the logo was my initial responsibility to design I felt that I had to immediately start the redesign. I've been looking at the feedback giving to both me and Marty to really get a solidly informed logo. Although all opinion are valid, we have to remember that they are just opinions and with the redesign we need to make sure we are still creating something that we are proud of and happy with ourselves. We are designing for a huge audience not just for designers.


 I decided to go for Futurist Fixed Width in lower case because its more balance than the upper case and gives an interesting aesthetic with the contrast of the perfectly curved O's and the angular structured T's.

Experimenting with the new typeface. Some of the designs I pushed too far and they became more abstract images or symbols rather than a legible title.


Trying to keep things simple is hard.





Putting it into context of a t-shirt. I think the logo wouldn't make a great t-shirt design itself but the name can be used and adapted in loads of different ways to produce different and more visually engaging designs that the audience would want to wear and buy.




Experimenting with underlines and bounding boxes to create a more 






Applying a word to make it more apparent as to what we are as a company.



No comments:

Post a Comment