Monday 16 January 2012

Enterprise & Inovation - Logo design.


As we have to produce a press ad for the next Enterprise session I thought it would be best to begin designing a logo. The initial idea from the last session was that the company name would be 'Re:' and we would place different words after it that form a new word, for example 'Re:brand, Re:invent, Re:vive' and so on. So my design direction was based around using the characters and glyphs 'R E' and ':'. Below are 54 logo ideas which I created quickly so that we could crit them and begin to develop some of them further.


During a crit between Marty and myself we agreed on 3 of the logos and I went away to develop them further. You can see below the variations of the three.


After this I presented the designs to the whole group and we compared each others ideas. Claudia had been looking into the idea of refreshing and took inspiration from the refresh symbol on the Safari web browser. We all agreed that this was an interesting an appropriate direction. 

Lisa's designs were based around the idea that the circular shape would be replicating a sunrise using it as a metaphor for a new day and a fresh start. With is yet another good approach in terms of context

Using the contextual references that Lisa and Claudia were focusing and my type based logo design I was delegated the task to incorporate all the ideas and collaborate the designs to created a more well rounded logo. Here are the three preferred variations.




I've applied some colours to see how they affect the tone of the design and change the identity.






Then I had a little fun with layering the logos up and give them a whole new presence. I prefer them like this as they stand out more.




These are quite funky and maybe not too appropriate but I've layer the logos further and combined them together. This does affect the legibility slightly but its not too drastic and some of the colours don't go well together. There is however the odd exception. E.g. pink on grey, cyan on yellow, red on cyan. This could just be my personal preference but they stand out more than the rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment