Saturday 19 November 2011

'GOOD IS' - Flea Posters & Foil Blocking.


These are the prints of my promotional posters and flyers. The gold foiling came out really well, as I don't have access or funds to get real foil blocking done I've used the foils from the screen print studios and ran it through the laminator, it works just as well. The stock being such a deep shade of red really brings out the gold foiling.

The logo however is a very dark which makes it hard to see from a distance especially against the gold. I will perhaps change the design so its just type as I cant get the logo to print any brighter.



You can see here that the logo is more legible up close but people wont be viewing the posters so closely when they are being used so this renders the logo useless.




I've foil blocked the flyers as well as the logos on them came out better than the posters did and it works really well. However if I were to be realistic this would cost a lot extra for such a big print job as these would be printed in lots of 5000 or 10000.




Just a nice experiment with the left over foiling, It actually looks like printed/engraved gold plating.



No comments:

Post a Comment