Tuesday 7 February 2012

SILENT MOVIE - Silent Movies reviewed

I've changed a few parts of my silents movies in response to the mock submission. Mainly I've just altered the aesthetic on some of them to make them look like a set of short motion pieces in response to the same brief.


Untitled from Charlie Crosby on Vimeo.



Instead of having the word enter from behind the camera and falling as it it were a birds eye view, I've changed it so its like the word is bouncing of an unseen wall at the back of the frame. I needed to change this because the word was so pixelated near the start of the sequence and the falling effect was too quick to make out what was actually happening.

Untitled from Charlie Crosby on Vimeo.



I have changed the white background to the same feathered blue mask as the other sequences for this one.

Untitled from Charlie Crosby on Vimeo.



This, I feel, is one of the stronger sequences however the entry and motion of the final font wasn't in keeping with the neat execution of the other fonts. I've adapted it it by changing the position in the background that it appears and the speed of which it knocks the previous font out of the way. the movement is sharper making it feel like the new font is overpowering the previous and bouncing it out of the way.

Untitled from Charlie Crosby on Vimeo.



Again I just need to change the background for this sequence to match the others.

Untitled from Charlie Crosby on Vimeo.



I kept this one the same as I receive a lot of praise in the crits, and if it isn't broken then you shouldn't fix it. The sequence was noted as 'brilliantly executed' so I didn't want to risk tampering with anything. The Colour of the background is a little different to that of the others but when I changed it to be the same I lost the visibility of the word 'bounce', all the more reason to leave it unaltered.

No comments:

Post a Comment