Wednesday 8 February 2012

OUGD202 - Self Evaluation


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
05
 Module Code 
OUGD202               


 Module Title
DESIGN PRODUCTION - DIGITAL



END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME
Charlie Crosby


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I’ve learnt a lot of new skills through this module as I’ve never touched on digital design and motion graphics. In particular I found that the development of storyboarding as a skill was essential, It introduced me to considerations such as action and title safe zones, time and key frames.
After Effects was a completely alien programme to me before this module and although I’m not a particularly digitally driven designer I grasped it and appreciated it straight away.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?


I’ve developed a new way of seeing and speculating things, noise and motions and time all play a factor in the way I’ve been considering my designs and this has increased more and more as the module has gone on.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I would say the strengths in my work are the application of concepts, without a concept the design can seem random or neglected due to lack of attention. I tried to focus everything I was doing and everything I was designing on concepts driven by and relevant to the content of the project.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I felt as though I could have experimented more, and with that documented what I was doing more thoroughly to really develop my skills and learn more about the software. I wouldn’t put this down to procrastination but to a severe amount of personal, social and other academic constraints which were unavoidable.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


  1. Be more aware of how well I’m documenting what I’m doing when using software, I want to develop a more thorough and consistent documentation habit.
  2. Make sure I have the content for my work ready before using software such as After Effects.
  3. Study more online tutorials and focus on home schooling myself more to discover new methods and approaches to my designs.
  4. Carry out more research throughout the brief to keep up to date and well informed about my content.
  5. Keep searching for inspiration, watch more video clips, read more articles and blogs, search for more designers and professional work to influence and fuel my creativity.



6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality




x
Motivation




x
Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group




x
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment