Saturday 4 February 2012

TOP 10 THINGS - Ident 3 design process in After Effects

Having just learnt about parent, child relationships between layers I thought I'd try it with this ident. The concept being that the Koala is up in a eucalyptus tree as it would be in the wild and the frame is moving up and spots it. The Koala then wiggles his ears and makes a few grunting sounds.

The animation for this was more long winded than the other idents but still fairly simple and it works effectively. I used Photoshop to separate parts of the koala on several layers so that the original wasn't changed. Using these new layers I could position the ears or any other parts where I wanted and make it look like they are moving by toggling with the opacity of the layers underneath.



Project content.



Layers.



Keyframes.



No comments:

Post a Comment