Tuesday 1 May 2012

PRODUCT//RANGE//DISTRIBUTION - Redrafted brief & rationale

After writing my brief and rationale for the first time I felt like I had a really interesting idea and concept that I could really get stuck into and get some really creative results from the opportunities that it presents. However after sleeping on it and looking back over the workshops we've been doing It seems as though what I've proposed to do is to broad at this point so I've reviewed the brief and rationale and re written it to make it to what I feel will be more appropriate.




Brief.


Create a range of typebased illustrations to promote and feature on the cover of the Little White Lies magazine.




Background / Considerations


Bimonthly independent film magazine aimed at film enthusiasts
The background and content of the LWL magazine
- the 5 films to illustrate




Mandatory Requirements.


Must be based around currently films
Must be illustrative and type based
Extensive research into existing film magazines




Deliverables.


5x typefaces
5x LWL covers
5x edition prints
online shop
promotional & marketing materials




Studio Deadline.


Tuesday 22nd May 2012




Module Deadline.


Friday 25th May 2012










Rationale.


Brief Title - Little White Lies - illustration brief




The Problem is...


1. translating the films as solely type based illustrations
2. younger audiences don't read as much in this day and age about the films they go and see
3. getting people interested in finding out more about current films
4. how to direct the audience to the online side of the deliverables
5.




I intend to...


Inform, promote and direct to...


...a group of


film enthusiasts of a younger age range of 15-21 as well as current readers of the Little White Lies magazine...


...that


The Little White Lies magazine has the most up to date reviews and exclusive coverage on the most current films


In order to achieve this I will produce...




PRODUCT


a set of type based illustrations to promote the LWL magazine


RANGE


a set of type based prints of current films
a range of 5 editions of LWL magazine covers
a set of 5 typefaces


DISTRIBUTION/CONTEXT


viewed mostly online in and online shop (on screen, ipad, app) at film festivals (tent, kiosk), promotional event








I feel like this revised concept addresses more of the thing I want and need to do that were highlighted in the workshops. I'm hoping that the concept crit will give me more direction and point out wether I've grasped the idea of choosing a product and creating a range from it. I thought I shop as the product would be too much as so many things can be sold in a shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment