Thursday 13 October 2011

'GOOD IS' - Logo Development

The next task set after the mountain of logos that we design was to focus on just one and develop it further taking it onto the computers to vector it and finally apply it to 4 different nets. Effectively we are now packaging our 'goods'.

The logo I went on to develop was defined by the crit of the 150 logos that we all presented my chosen logo was this one


my course mates criting my work stated that they liked it compositionally and that it incorporated my 'good' they advised however that I look more into developing the typeface and maybe make it follow to direction of the strings within the logo.

So from here it was back to square one with designing however this time I was focussing on just the one logo and creating variations of it to see which would be the most effective as a logo before applying it to the packaging.







Initially I replicated the logo they had chosen but it felt too sophisticated and complex, too much was 'going on' with it visually. I needed to simplify it and make it bolder. So instead of having the strings coming down from the symbol I decided to lay them going diagonally underneath.


I found it hard to choose one of these variations to take on to the computer so I asked a for a few opinions and most said third row down on the far right.







No comments:

Post a Comment