Thursday 13 October 2011

'GOOD IS' - 150 logos

In response to the task Fred set us I only managed to get 96 logos done, which although not the required amount to complete the task i felt it was an achievement on my part as I've never done so many different designs in such a short space of time. I have done that many variations of a handful of designs before but with this I really tried to push myself for differing ideas with each logo.












These are not displayed in chronological order but I definitely noticed that the more i was designing the longer I spent on each logo, the better I got a drawing, my curves were smoother my liners were straighter (didn't use a ruler for a lot just to save time and get my ideas down) and I had begun to make use of the different thickness of pens more and the possibilities of filling certain parts in and reversing out others and so on.

The task was challenging mainly due to the time we had to complete it and this is evident as I only managed 96 however I did get some good drawing skills out of it and it got me back into the designing mindset that got a little left behind at the end of first year and my work placements.

This does now provide a bench mark for me and shows that progression of how to work as a student on this course in second year apposed to how I started off working in the first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment