Monday 5 March 2012

OUGD203 - Collaboration and selection


We had roughly an hour to go away, think about 5 things that people should know about ourselves and 5 things that we're looking for in a collaborative partner. The with what ever time left we had to design 2 A3 posters to present. The posters I designed are above. Not being particularly strong with type, I decided to use some image work that I had done recently instead.

My 5 selling points:-

- image based and illustrative with any subject

- conceptually driven

- thorough researcher

- able to work across a range of media and software including digital, hand rendered, lens, AI, PS, IN and AE

- cooperative and considerate in collaboration




My 5 desires in a collaborative partner:-

- type skills/interest in typography

- print - must have an interest in printed media. Experience in print processes and finishes is a bonus

- proactive and innovative

- good time management and reliability

- big ideas but rational and realistic resolutions


I've chosen these 5 points as I fell they highlight a few things that my designs could benefit from and also some things that I feel I'd need to connect with my partner on. If we have two completely differing opinions because we have such polar opposite approaches to design then it will be very difficult to get on and get anything done.



After a very worrying workshop on picking a partner through the posters each of us had designed we finally got to pair up. I'm pair with Miss Sophie Wilson which i'm pleased about as I have never worked wit hher before and I get on with her well, also having seen her past work and her methods I know she is reliable and thorough. 


After we settled in with our partners we had to each individually fill in these forms about our partners asking questions about why we chose them? What our creative interests are? What our design and non design skills are? and what responsibilities we will intake and expect from each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment