Tuesday 24 April 2012

PRODUCT//RANGE//DISTRIBUTION - Workshop 1

5 things I want to do.

- screen print
- create type based illustrations
- investigate online methods of distribution
- produce contemporary and experimental illustrations
- learn about and use more type based designs

5 things I need to do.

- explore and apply a broad range of print methods and finishes
- learn more about type and the fundamental rules of type and layout
- research and practice design methods that I find inspiring or 'cutting edge'
- draw and illustrate more often and develop my drawing and software skills and technique
- work with type in a basic way to fully understand the fundamental rules

5 reasons why.

- to get some good illustrative work and practice and refine my design skills
- I rarely work with type and it will be a good opportunity to develop a stronger knowledge/understanding of it
- working with type will help me become a more rounded and competent designer
- the online and digital future is forever changing and developing so it's good to keep up to date and explore the new and upcoming possibilities as well as existing ones
- to get some work that I will be able to use to get in touch with the studios, designers and people I want to work with


5 personal skills I'd like to improve and develop.

- proactivity
- attention to detail
- presentation of work
- professional articulation

5 practical skills I'd like to improve and develop.

- type and layout
- drawing and sketching
- software skills on PS, IN, and AI
- presentation
- using a graphics tablet

5 processes I'd like to investigate and use.

- screen printing
- laser cutting
- book binding
- visual identity 
- type setting, hierarchy and pagination

5 products that I could possibly make.

- book/magazine/publication
- typeface
- posters/prints and promotional materials
- an application
- printed clothing

5 contexts in which my work could appear or be used.

- screen
- print
- shopfront
- exhibition
- an event



Whats missing? 1. a problem to solve 2. content to deliver.

Brief - research

Ideas//messages//concepts

regularly ask yourself 'what are you doing? and why are you doing it?'

No comments:

Post a Comment