Friday 5 November 2010

Message and Interpretation - development and ideas


I began by analysing the initial article to see what words i could use to illustrate and develop more ideas from them.


Looking at the words i gathered in the research brief and my analyse of the article i began to get more visual ideas and i moved on to drawing up ideas and looking at different texts and fonts.



I gathered existing fonts that come from a graffiti style of writing or have a stencilled look, i used some from www.dafont.com and some from illustrator.



Using thumbnails to compare my ideas visually, i found the image poster the hardest one to communicate of the three. Simplifying the image wasn't easy as there were lots of necessary parts to fully communicate the fact the series is based around.


I find using small mind maps for each one helped to keep my ideas more direct to that poster. I often use these and they always look scruffy but i couldn't work with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment